LISA Canada 2021 workshop scheduled for April 27-29, 2021 from 08:00-11:00 am Pacific time each day, by Zoom.
This workshop will introduce attendees to the LISA mission and science goals, feature speakers from leading roles within the LISA Consortium and ESA, and highlight collaboration opportunities for Canadians to contribute to LISA science. The workshop is particularly geared for researchers who may be interested in getting involved with LISA and would like to learn more about the mission and available opportunities. No previous experience with gravitational wave astronomy is assumed.
Who is this workshop for?
- Researchers interested in multi-messenger astronomy, compact objects, black hole astrophysics, dark matter, cosmology, numerical relativity, tests of general relativity, simulations and computing, as well as advocacy and outreach.
- Scientists and engineers in academia and industry interested in space instrumentation.
- Contributors at every career level: talks will be accessible to upper-level undergraduates.
- Organizations and agencies supporting physics, astronomy, and space-based research.
- Our target audience is Canadian researchers, but all are welcome!
Goals for this workshop:
- Give attendees an overview of the LISA mission, LISA science, what’s happening within the LISA consortium, and opportunities to contribute.
- Connect attendees with LISA leaders and key figures in the LISA community.
- Facilitate new collaborations with fellow Canadian researchers involved with or interested in LISA science.
Confirmed speakers (to date) include Robert Caldwell, Nelson Christensen, Martin Gehler, Martin Hewitson, Kelly Holley-Bockelmann, Germano Nardini, Harald Pfeiffer, and Sweta Shah.
Those interested should please register to attend (https://meetings.triumf.ca/indico/event/220/) by April 26. Registration is free of charge.
Please feel free to direct inquiries to Djuna Croon (dcroon(at)triumf.ca) or any of the other members of the organizing committee.
The LISA Canada 2021 organizing committee
Pasquale Bosso (Lethbridge)
Djuna Croon (TRIUMF)
Saurya Das (Lethbridge)
William East (Perimeter)
Daryl Haggard (McGill)
Jess McIver (UBC)
David Morrissey (TRIUMF)
Scott Oser (UBC)
Saeed Rastgoo (York)
John Ruan (Bishops)
Huan Yang (Guelph)