Postdoc Position at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Deadline for application 1st March 2019.
The Van Swinderen Institute, University of Groningen is looking for an excellent candidate for a postdoctoral position (https://www.rug.nl/research/vsi/), with a background ineither:
- higher derivative gravity (in particular infinite derivative gravity), quantum gravity,
- blackhole physics, in particular compact objects which are blackhole mimickers, and their testable features in gravitational wave templates, such as quasi normal modes, echoes, tidal effects, etc.,
- field theory expertise in higher derivatives, string field theory, higher derivative gravity and/or higher spin theories.
The duration of the position will be (1+1) years.
Staring Date: 01-09-2019 or 01-10-2019 ( negotiable )
Deadline for application: 01-03-2019
The candidate must hold a PhD degree in theoretical physics by the time of joining. Application should accompany:
- a brief 2 pages research proposal,
- CV with a list of publications (the contributions in publications should be highlighted in 1-2 lines),
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
The application should be be sent to Anupam Mazumdar (https://www.rug.nl/staff/anupam.mazumdar/) at (anupam.mazumdar(at)rug.nl).