Argonne National Laboratory invites applications from outstanding candidates for multiple postdoctoral research positions in applying artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning / deep learning (ML/DL) methods to scientific problems as well as for research in foundational aspects of AI.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- AI-driven discovery and design
- Goal-driven design of materials, chemicals, proteins, and organisms
- AI for understanding complex systems and ecologies
- Self-driving robotic laboratories
- AI-based program synthesis and automated software generation
- AI-augmented control for accelerators and science facilities
- Intelligent sensing and reactive modeling
- Predictive crisis response and proactive decision support
- Rare-events analysis and understanding
- AI-driven manufacturing scale-up
- Foundational research in AI — mathematical, statistical, and information theoretic methods to advance AI for Science; development of new scalable AI methods and software frameworks.
Candidates will have the opportunity to work on their own research projects that are synergistic with other efforts at Argonne as well as be mentored and advised by Argonne scientists so as to form connections and collaboration opportunities with Argonne research efforts in this space. Candidates will have the opportunity to run on advanced supercomputing facilities at the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF), including the upcoming Aurora exascale system, other GPU-based systems, as well as specialized AI hardware from vendors such as Cerebras, SambaNova, Graphcore, and Groq.
A recent or soon-to-be completed PhD in computer science, physical sciences, engineering, or related field; experience in programming with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, or Python; experience with machine learning methods and deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch; knowledge of software development practices and techniques for computational and data-intensive science problems; ability to conduct interdisciplinary research combining physical sciences / engineering and computing; strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment; ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Candidates are asked to submit a two-page statement of research interests along with their application.
The positions are available immediately, but there is flexibility in start dates for highly qualified candidates.
Please find here full information and how to apply: https://argonne.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Argonne_Careers/job/Argonne-...