The Department of Physics, Tokyo Institute of Technology is seeking for Research Assistant Professor.
Specialty Quantum electronics (Interferometry, Gravitational-wave telescope, etc.)
Deadline for application is 28th January, 2019.
The successful candidate is expected to work with Prof Somiya. The main subject will be an experimental demonstration of an interferometer with an intra-cavity optical parametric oscillator.
Applicants must have a PhD degree or expected to obtain the degree by the start of the employment.
Working place Tokyo Institute of Technology Oh-okayama Campus.
Working hours 7 hours 45 minutes per day (38 hours 45 minutes per week)
Term Renew at the beginning of each fiscal year up to the end of March 2023.
Salary Determined by Tokyo Tech Employment Regulations
Proposed start date Apr 1st 2019, or earliest possible date thereafter
Closing date of application Jan 28, 2019.
Selection will be based on a comprehensive review of applications and interviews. Note that each applicant must pay his/her own travel expenses.
1. CV with applicant's photograph and email address
2. List of publications
3. PDF files of up to 3 selected papers
4. List of external funds obtained
5. Statement of research (up to 2 pages in A4)
6. List of references (2 persons), including the names, affiliations, and email addresses.
Email address to submit an application: koubo(at)gw.phys.titech.ac.jp
Associate Professor Kentaro Somiya
Department of Physics, Tokyo Institute of Technology
1. Application documents will not be returned. The personal information provided in the submitted documents will be used solely for recruitment and not for any other purpose, pursuant to the Institute’s applicable rules and regulations. A confirmation reply will be sent within 24 hours after the acceptance of e-mail. In case no reply is received, be sure to inquire for confirmation.
2. Tokyo Institute of Technology, in order to ensure a diverse workforce, guarantees equal opportunities for all individuals regardless of nationality or gender.
3. For more information, please refer to the following link. http://www.hyoka.koho.titech.ac.jp/eprd/recently/koubo/koubo.php