The Department of Physics are looking for a dynamic experimentalist with motivation, drive and relevant experience in experimental physics. The work will involve conducting day to day research, and working closely with PhD students on experiments either with high power suspended optical cavities, or tabletop experiments. There is also expectation that you will participate in proposing and developing new experiments aiming for improving the sensitivity of gravitational wave detectors.
Deadline for application: May 12th 2021.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in Experimental Physics
- Experience in precision measurements and opto-mechanical systems
- Ability to present in both written and oral publications and deliver presentations and contribute to writing and publishing papers in high impact journals
- Well-developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, problem solve and work productively as part of a team
Please find here full details and how to apply: https://external.jobs.uwa.edu.au/cw/en/job/506529?lApplicationSubSourceID=